Thursday, July 3, 2014

Keying

I was having a laugh with the Almighty this morning.  Well, I laughed anyway.  I can't speak for God.  I sensed He told me one of my articles was ready to put into the computer.  He seemed hesitant over the word keying.


So, I explained to God that typing had always been a service position.  It was something that mostly women were expected to do for men.  It was one of the ways we facilitated the work of our "betters".


But there was a problem when it came to computers.  Men used them at least as much as women.  They couldn't let themselves be viewed as doing women's work, now could they?


So, we don't type anymore on computers!  We key in our manuscripts, our messages.  Well, at least they let we women "key" instead of "type" also.


All is well with the world after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment