Tuesday, May 27, 2014

You Can Do It Too!

The other day, I figured out that I have now been on my own -- head of household, so to speak -- for thirty-seven years.  During this time I have had no wage earner other than myself.  ( I had $225 per month child support for two years, 7 months).  I've had no human protector.  There has been no human partner to help me deal with disappointment or grief or even happiness.  All of my decisions, right or wrong, are mine. There is nobody else to blame for my mistakes and nobody to share my joys.


So, you are on the pity pot, you say? Quite the contrary!  I have survived being alone.  I've had my children, of course, but the parent-child relationship is based on the needs of the child, not the adult.


Sometimes, I feel like my pitcher -- of love, resourcefulness, power of thought -- has run dry and there is nobody to turn on the tap and fill it back up.  Yet, those who have developed dependencies on me, whether family or friends, keep coming back to exact the last drop from the pitcher.


How have I survived?  Well, certainly not without a strong belief in God, in Jesus and in a better life. These beliefs have made me strong.


If there are widows, single mothers, singles or divorcees (even men alone) out there facing a mountain of woe, remember me.  I have survived thirty-seven years of holding the fort.  You can do it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment